Saturday, June 5, 2010

The pool is open

I finished my meal for forty on Wednesday. Can't believe it is over. My
adrenalin was pumping until the meal ended. Then when it came time to
clean up, exhaustion consumed me, and I pushed myself to get everything
done.

One of my good friends here graduated this week. The ceremony was
yesterday. The graduations take place in the library at the centre. This
particular young woman is smart and much-loved by everyone.
Students and staff talked about the graduate and each said something
special about her. Family and friends called in to offer well-wishes.

Graduations are intense and emotional events.
After the graduation, we went to dinner at a Louisiana-style restaurant,
where people dined on crawfish, blackened cat fish and shrimp.

I took my sons swimming today. The municipal pool opened last week. It is
a nice pool, so good to cool down in this heat. The little one clung to
me, but as he got used to the water, he grew braver, and let me hold him
as he floated and kicked his feet. My older son loves the water.
They were tired after the swim, so I pulled them both back in the
stroller. Good exercise for me as it is uphill from the pool to the
apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment