Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pickle Juice

Did all my shopping for my meal for 40 yesterday, so much to buy. I had to
quadruple all my recipes. I am making chili, rice, tossed salad, baking
powder biscuits and "Dirt Cake." Oh and pink lemon aid. I cooked all day
today and accomplished a lot. The only mishaps were when I broke a jar of
pickles, which fell out of the fridge and shattered into a hundred pieces
of glass drenched in pickle juice. I uttered a few unrepeatable words and
spent 20 minutes cleaning it up. I also put baking soda instead of baking
powder in my biscuits and had to re-do the whole mixture. Anyway, most of
my food is prepared and tomorrow I have to heat up the chilee bake the
biscuits, make the drink and the salad. Then do all the dishes. I can't
wait till it is over! Wow!
It was 91 degrees today, but with the humidity it is over 100, so hot! The
June bugs sing at night, and the outdoor pools are open.
Yesterday was Memorial day in the States. Our school went to the lake and
had a "craw fish boil." Craw fish are mud dwellers with exoskeletons; they
look much like lobsters. They are a delicacy here. People eat them with
corn and sausage and potato. I was unadventurous and ate a hamburger.

My oldest son starts summer school tomorrow.
Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment