Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Wishes

Dear Friends and Family,
I wish you all a merry Christmas, a happy Honokaa and a wonderful holiday
season.

It sure is a different Christmas for us. As most of you know Jeff, the
boys and I are living in Ruston, Louisiana this year, as I am training at
the Louisiana Centre for the Blind. It is truly amazing and I am enjoying
my training so much. We bought a house here. Jeff is fixing it up and we
are renting it out, and yes, the boys and Jeff are still living in the
trailer in our large back yard. I stay at the centre apartments during
the week and come home on weekends.
Jeff is being, for the most part, a full-time care giver. My mom is here
for the holidays. She is here for a month. So wonderful to have her
here. She is staying in one side of our new house, which is a duplex. We
miss my dad, as he is back holding down the fort in Victoria and enjoying
their newly-renovated house.

We have a Christmas tree set up in the living room trimmed with Mardi Gras
beads, paper stars, which I learned to make at the centre, a beautiful
African angel my mom made, and penguin rings from a pack of cupcakes.
Yes, an eclectic tree!
This is the most unique Christmas I have ever had. We got a CD with Cajon
Christmas songs, so that enhances the southern spirit. Oh, and we are
under tornado watch and have been listening to thunder and rain all day.
What a Christmas Eve.

We are well, and miss you all back home. Please take care of yourselves.
Please know that you are always in our thoughts and hearts. It is a
different world here, but we always love and remember the people closest
to us. We will be back in late summer.
Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment