Friday, October 16, 2009

Marsh mellows

Finally a sunny day in Ruston LA. Kids are outside by the camp fire roasting marsh mellows. Came home to ants in our trailer yesterday! yuck
Rhys had his second day of kindergarten. Actually had a reading test. Yikes. A bit intense. But seems to be enjoying school. Maybe it's harder on me! He gets homework next week!
I start at the training centre at the beginning of November. Can't wait. There are blind people all over the city. I've never been to a place where blindness isn't a big deal. I go into a store and the clerk talks to me like I am a normal person. Like I am in a different dimension where everyone's educated about blind people!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there. Big hugs to all and look forward to more updates as you start your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Education is the key to help others overcome ignorance. Glad you feel so comfortable there!

    Wow, Rhys homework already! Kindergarten supposed to for playing and stimulation of the mind. hee. Love his pics he looks happy.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete